(1956) Spurr Gas Station- On the southwest corner of Sixth and Walnut streets, this gas station would eventually be torn down. Weis Markets, which later purchased the property, broke ground for the Amity House Ice Cream Shoppe on Oct. 28, 1969. The family restaurant, known for its “super sundae,” a large bowl of ice cream popular with children and adults alike, opened May 22, 1970. Weis announced in July of 1992 that the Amity House would close after more than 20 years. Shamokin Family Restaurant, owned by Nick Barakos, opened here Sept. 30, 1992. The Movie Gallery, a video store, was the last tenant before closing in the summer of 2010. Weis demolished the short-lived building on Nov. 8, 2012.