Trinity Episcopal Church- The cornerstone was laid on Nov. 7, 1865 on a piece of land donated by C.P. Helfenstein along Lincoln Street. A small church measuring 28-by-78-feet was built. The Rev. G.W. Shrim became the first pastor. On April 29, 1866, before the church was completed, high winds blew down the building. A new chapel, seen here, was constructed in record time, with a service held in the new church on May 11, 1866. During the summer of 1876, the chapel was enlarged by 25 feet, among other renovations. In 1890, plans for a new church began. The church was moved to the southern part of the lot. The new church was completed on Feb. 11, 1892, at a price of $10,000.