The First Methodist Episcopal Church- Now known as the Lincoln Street Methodist Church, it was organized in 1838, after Rev. Brown had preached in the schoolhouse on Dewart Street. The first resident preacher was Rev. B.F. Stevens, followed by Rev. J.F. Porter, who was the first preacher in charge of the church. During 1856, the construction of a church was discussed. H.P. Helfenstein donated 17 lots on Lincoln Street. The church was completed in 1859. In June 1927, a rebuilding program was launched for extensive renovations.