(1956) C.Q. McWilliams, of Bear Gap, has restored this home that was once an inn along the turnpike in 1810. Shown is the product of two years of work. An old fireplace in the kitchen that was unearthed revealed war boots, old hand-blown whiskey bottles, three pennies dated 1801, 1808 and 1834, and a pamphlet printed in 1863. McWilliams bought the house two years ago. A notice of sale in 1827 and printed in the Sunbury Gazette is the first known printed record. The inn was a stage coach office until Leisenring's Inn opened below and the stage office moved down there.