Our Band under the direction of Walter Seiler- The "Our Band" was one of the Shamokin's oldest cultural organizations. It was founded in 1875 with a membership of 12 musicians, who performed under the direction of William H. Borden. Rehearsals were held in the Rescue Fire Company home, which at the time was a one-story frame structure. Because of the "adverse" conditions, rehearsals were moved to the second floor of the Liberty Fire Company. The band changed directors several times as membership continued to grow. In 1906, the "Our Band" elected Walter Seiler as director (about the time this photo was taken). Several directors followed, including Walter Seiler, William "Billy" Crone, Harley Hastings and William "Billy" Milbrand, who served as the last director before the band became inactive in 2004. The highlight of the "Our Band" came in 1975, the 100th year of existence, when under the direction of Frank Rovito, the band grew to more than 75 members, 60 of whom marched in the Anthracite Memorial Parade.