Coal Township High School- This building, some would say, was the grand daddy of all Coal Township schools. Before it was razed in 2000, it sat on Juniper Street, over looking the west end of Coal Township. It was built in 1927 and was used as a high school until Coal Township School District merged with Shamokin in 1965. It served as a junior high until the 1980s and briefly housed county offices before being abandoned. A suspicious fire increased the deteriorating conditions, which lead township officials to have the building razed.