Eagle Run Brewery at Uniontown- The original Fuhrmann and Schmidt Brewery was called Eagle Run Brewery. Eagle Run had been operational since 1854. It was operated first by Gottlieb Fritz. then Edward Markle. The plant was purchased by P.H. Fuhrmann in 1886, the year before he and Max Schmidt for the Fuhrmann and Schmidt Brewing Company. Anticipating that drastic change, Fuhrmann and Schmidt incorporated the Shamokin Pure Food Products Company and transferred the deed from F&S to Pure Food on Oct. 1, 1917. The plant was retooled and used to process food products, such as salad dressings and vinegar. (Cont.) - Dalado Photography

Dalado Photography — Larry D.

Shooting Today To Show Tomorrows History